Frequently asked questions.

Frequently asked questions.

Malesuada velit et ut malesuada amet tempor velit dui. Nullam amet commodo gravida gravida.

Will I get a reference under a settlement agreement?

If your employment is terminating under the terms of a settlement agreement then your employer will normally include a reference in the settlement agreement.

The form of the reference given by your (previous) employer under the settlement agreement will normally be a “standard factual” reference which simply states the dates that you were employed to and from, as well as the position you most recently worked in.

In some circumstances you may be able to negotiate a more ‘positive’ reference which includes positive value judgements about you, but these are relatively rare under terms of settlement agreements.